To address the root causes of allergies properly one should consult a Naturopathic Physician for individualized care and therapeutic intervention. In the mean time, here are a few tips to get started on a sneeze-free spring:
- Drink plenty of water (half your body weight in ounces)
- Avoid gluten, dairy, sugar, and other inflammatory foods (like processed food)
- Use a Neti Pot with saline and a pinch of probiotics, 1-2 times a day, upon waking and/or before bed
- RELAX: get 8 hours of sleep, meditate, take time for yourself, move your body (moderately, over exercising can lead to adrenal fatigue), and PLAY!
- Eat TONS of fruits and veggies, minimum of 5 cups a day. Studies indicate 8-9 is best for cancer prevention!
(Ever get the notion fruits and veggies are good for everything? That’s because they are. They are anti-cancer, anti-heart disease, anti-allergy, anti-inflammation, anti-diabetes. They are PRO-LIFE! Get it? Eat your Veggies.)